Carowinds General Discussion Thread

• brandonstrouphauer
  • brandonstrouphauer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Sep 2012 18:46 - 22 Sep 2012 18:46 #1 by brandonstrouphauer
brandonstrouphauer created the topic:
Discuss ANYTHING and EVERYTHING about Carowinds here! Any questions/comments about the park? Feel free to start up a conversation, or join into a current one! We LOVE diversity!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Sep 2012 04:23 - 24 Sep 2012 04:23 #2 by
replied the topic: Re: Carowinds General Discussion Thread
Screamscape reports the following and I for one am wondering the same thing. This can't be it, can it?

2013 - Dinosaurs Alive and Maybe More - Rumor - (9/24/12) Carowinds has confirmed that they will add Dinosaurs Alive for the 2013 season, featuring a collection of 32 animatronic dinosaurs with the largest being a 60 foot long, 40 foot tall Ruyangosaurus. Dinosaurs Alive will take up 5 acres and is expected to cost an extra $5 per person to see, just like the other Dinosaurs Alive attractions installed at other Cedar Fair parks. I’m not exactly sure of the location just yet, waiting to find out more.
I’m also wondering if there is a chance we could see something else new added to the park as well, to be announced later. I’d hate to think that Dinosaurs Alive would be the only new addition to the park if it costs extra to see it. Both Kings Island and Kings Dominion added their Windseeker rides the same year that they installed Dinosaurs Alive. Cedar Point added new waterslides to their waterpark with their Dinosaurs Alive and Dorney Park added Stinger, a new roller coaster, to the park with Dinosaurs Alive. Adding only Dinosaurs Alive, an upcharge attraction, would be a disappointing way to celebrate the parks 40th anniversary in 2013.

More
24 Sep 2012 19:31 - 24 Sep 2012 19:31 #3 by Intaminaddict
Intaminaddict replied the topic: Re: Carowinds General Discussion Thread
That's nice that they're adding a Dinosaurs Alive since Cedar Fair has added them to alot of their pther parks. And I do agree that something else should and will be put in for 2013. My best bet would be on a Windseeker, but with the recent events at Knotts, maybe they might hold back on that till 2014? I'm not saying they will, I'm just saying that it's possible...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Oct 2012 04:13 - 29 Oct 2012 04:13 #4 by
The ghouls and goblins of Carrowinds posted this very funny video and certainly worth sharing.

[BBvideo 425,350]
[/BBvideo]

• Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Jul 2013 23:57 - 06 Jul 2013 23:57 #5 by
Reading today's Screamscape mention about Carowinds being closed this Sunday, July 7th, I just had to see for myself, and sure enough, the park will be closed to the GP due to a private party. Like Screamscape, I just think it's wrong and would love to hear from any of our readers on who they've heard about who rented the park out.

• brandonstrouphauer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Jul 2013 23:47 - 28 Jul 2013 23:47 #6 by brandonstrouphauer
brandonstrouphauer replied the topic: Re: Carowinds General Discussion Thread

• Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Jul 2013 00:39 - 29 Jul 2013 00:39 #7 by
I hope it is/was the sensor. They do break from time to time and we certainly rely on them for safety, so it sounds like everything worked as planned (except for the riders who got an extra thrill).

• brandonstrouphauer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Aug 2013 22:11 - 21 Aug 2013 22:11 #8 by brandonstrouphauer
brandonstrouphauer replied the topic: Carowinds Haunt Details Released
Carowinds has released the details for their 2013 Haunt.

https://www.carowinds.com/haunt2013

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds

All-American Thrills, LLC

1040 West Crestview Drive

Suite 192

Lebanon, PA, 17042

info@allamericanthrills.com

All-American Thrills, LLC is in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by Busch Entertainment, Hershey Entertaiment and Resorts, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Paramount Parks, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Herschend Entertainment, Universal Studios, the Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney World, or any other theme park or roller coaster company.